miércoles, 17 de marzo de 2021

Do you behave the same way online as you do in real life?

 Hello! Today I would like to discuss about how we behave online. I found it interesting in the way Virginia Shea describes it in her "The core rules of Netiquette". It is one of the ten rules you should follow in order to be a "healthy" online user. 

The behaviour online has took my attention due to its complexity. You can be whoever you want and behave however you want on the web but is that good? I mean not being as you are in real life is good for our human relationships? Well actually in my experience I found out that our way of relating with friends/people online varies a lot from what we really are. Instagram for example, most of the people there doesn't behave as real life, and why? Well there are many reasons: money, followers, visibility, social status, trendies... 

I think this cannot be good for us, I mean yes in the way of connectivity with other people but bad for our personality. Even in young people we find out that is more normal to find kids focusing on being like a footballer or as an Instagramer selling clothes or dancing instead of focusing on themselves. I don't want to be pessimistic about this because I am sure that there are other people who really use the social media properly but we are having personality losses in our society and this isn't good. 

Now, do you feel like being yourself while you post something on Instagram/Facebook/whichever social media? Do you feel free online or there is  something that prevents you from being yourself? 

No matter what and no matter who, defend your personality online!! It will be good for you and for everyone, be yourself!! :) 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

IT Kantianism: Can our ethics keep up with new Technologies?

How many times have you seen someone on Twitter telling the people to stand against some other trending topic user? We can see this kind of ...